Thursday, January 20, 2011

Popcorn Cake!?!?!?


Popcorn Cake ... sounds weird, doesn't it? I must be living under a rock cuz when I found it online I thought that it was something the blogger, herself, had created. Not the case at all! I found out that everyone knows about it and they all claim that their Grandma made the bestest one ever! Ummm Grandma, you never made this for me. Hmm, maybe she forgot? Or, more than likely, she didn't make it because (as she has stated a million and one times) she hates cooking!Anyways, I knew right away that this was something I just HAD TO make! All that sweet, gooey and salty yumminess just called out to me! "Lisa, make me. You know you wanna." OK, twist my rubber arm ;) Basically it is like Rice Krispie squares with M&M's and broken pretzels. And instead of cereal you use microwave popcorn. I only made half a recipe because I didn't know if my guys would even like it. BIG MISTAKE! We all loved it; except for my littlest guy but he doesn't really like anything. Kinda like Mikey on the old Life cereal commercials. Now I am really dating myself! If you have no idea who Mikey is then you are probably too young. But here's a youtube link if anyone is interested. I watched it a couple times. So cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc

The only change I made to the recipe was that I used smarties instead of M&M's. Only because after Christmas I got 2 huge bags of them for 16 cents a pound! Oh, and I used a cookie sheet instead of a bundt pant cuz then it would cool faster ... meaning we could eat it faster! Smart thinking, right? :)

1 comment:

Mama of 5 said...

blonde question.. you said to use "microwave" popcorn can you not use reg, air popped? I hate microwave popcorn.